We’re working on resources that we hope will help our members feel better prepared to reopen.
- A template reopening action plan
- A template risk assessment for reopening
- A checklist for reopening - this includes pointers for some key issues that are being discussed within the sector, including:
- communicating with visitors about what to expect on site ie a video tour of the altered visitor experience
- communicating expectations to your visitors ie around face masks and hygiene
And further resources from elsewhere in the sector:
- The Association of Independent Museum has created a great resource to go alongside the English guidance for museums reopening - find out more. This is already pretty applicable to Scotland, though it may get properly adapted in due course. This is the best and most digestable reopening guidance I've seen yet.
- Bletchley Park has produced a great risk assessment here
The Scottish Government guidance for reopening the hospitality sector is here. The museum, galleries and heritage guidance is due out next week, but in the meantime this guidance gives an excellent guide as to how to make plans.
There’s a blog here about volunteers in museums – more resources to follow.
We’ve been involved in various discussions about responsibilities to paid staff. If you haven’t done so already, it would be wise to take some human resource advice. Here are some links:*
- It would be worth becoming a member of AIM to take advantage of their serivce
- RBS Mentor
- Federation of Small Businesses
We will update these resources and will add more as we get feedback and as the sector continues to plan to reopen. Please get in touch if you have something to add!
*Note: External links published here does not indicate our endorsement.