Our collections are at the heart of what we do. They tell the stories of the people who served as the backbone to Scotland's industry.
The future started here
We are a dynamic group of industrial museums in Scotland who are collectively known as Go Industrial.
Our aim is to ensure that Scotland's amazing industrial heritage continues to play an important role in our rich culture, and serves to inspire the future whilst safeguarding the past.
Our museums cover the wealth of Scotland’s industry:
- Coal, lead and shale oil mining
- Iron and steel production
- Transport, including maritime, railways and lighthouses
Most importantly, our museums tell the stories of the people who served as the backbone to these industries.
Each year our museums:
- Employ over 200 people
- Welcome more than 750,000 visitors and over 25,000 school children
- Contribute more than £7million to Scotland’s economy
- Benefit from more than 13,000 volunteer hours
Go Industrial facilitates the #GoIndustrial community across a wide range of mediums, allowing us to share with you our stories of Scotland's industrial past, new innovations and celebrate the entrepreneurship of Scotland.
We welcome you, our community, to share with us memories and learning of Scotland's industrial past. This might be through family stories, nostalgia, your visits to our visitor attractions, or hopes for our future.
We look forward to hearing from you!