The museum's nationally significant collection covers the main heavy industries of Scotland, with an emphasis on iron, steel, coal and engineering. Objects range from tools, machinery, equipment and work wear to locomotives, trams, a colliery winding engine, as well as social history items relating to the communities that depended on these industries.
Summerlee Museum of Scottish Industrial Life
Welcome to Summerlee Museum!
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information on accessibility.
- Blue badge parking available on site
- Level access with automatic doors
- Wheelchair accessible tram
- Exhibition hall fully accessible
- Accessible toilets
- Changing place
- Lift to gallery space and Ironworks view pod
- Assisstance dogs welcome