The Museum of Scottish Lighthouses have an amazing collection of old objects and artifacts.
The Museum of Scottish Lighthouses
The Museum of Scottish Lighthosues welcomes you.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information on accessibility.
- Free parking is available on site.
- Blue badge holder spaces are available.
Access to entrance
- There is level access to the Museum front door.
- There is level access to the entrance/shop.
- Light levels are medium.
- There is a fixed loop system in place.
Access to Museum
- The Museum holds the Autism Friendly Award.
- There may be background music playing.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the Museum.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There is a level change within the Museum, with a moderate permanent ramp.
Access to other floors
- A platform lift is available.
Other services, resources and facilites
- There is a wheelchair to borrow.
- The accessible toilet is located opposite the reception desk.
- Assistance dogs are welcome at the Museum. A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog. An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- Concessions are available.
Access to the Caslte/Lighthouse and cottages
- The lighthouse and cottages are reached along a 200m tarmac surfaced path from the museum.
- The lighthouse has a 150mm high step at the entrance.
- It is explored by climbing a spiral staircase of over 200 steps with no hand-rail.
- The top lantern-level is reached up a narrow wooden ladder with a handrail.
- The lighthouse cottages are all on the ground level.
- There is a raised threshold to each of them - ask a member of staff at the Museum for ramped access.