The time is upon us. Summer is here! The school holidays are about to start. Seven weeks of entertaining the crew – what to do?!
#GoIndustrial have a few ideas to keep the family amused over the summer in our venues across Scotland.
Almond Valley by Livingston
Families are invited to builds dens on site all summer long! Lots of fun to be had in the sun – and included in admission!
Discovery Point in Dundee
There's a whole host of fabulous fun for families this summer:
- monthly Wee Explorers sessions for 2-5 year olds
- weekly Summer at the Ship workshops for 8-14 year olds
- monthly Saturday Studio workshops for 14-19 year olds
AND they have two fun-filled days for all the family:
Verdant Works in Dundee
The Museum of the Scottish Railways at Bo'ness
Scottish Fisheries Museum in Fife
They've got family events every week during the holidays, looking at all sorts of fishy things!
National Mining Museum Scotland at Newtongrange
Do you have a Lego enthusaist in your family? The Museum has a series of Bricks 4 Kidz workshops, fortnightly throughout the holidays. The annual Family Fun Day is 19th August and there’s lots of fun for the whole family!
Summerlee Museum at Coatbridge
The Museum has lots going on over the summer! It's free entry to the Museum, with a small charge for activites. Contact them to find out more!
Scottish Maritime Museum at Irvine
New Lanark by Lanark
Visitors are encouraged to rediscover a love of board games with Game Plan, an exhibition opening on 21st July.
And we have some excellent exhibtions across our venues:
- Maritime Perspectives at the Scottish Maritime Museum in Irvine
- Sweetie! at Summerlee Museum in Coatbridge
- INDUSTRY + AESTHETICS at Verdant Works in Dundee
- Summit 2 Sea at Discovery Point in Dundee