As the best-preserved and most complete example of a farming township, the buildings that make up Auchindrain are a Nationally Recognised Collection. The site is also Category A listed, and a Conservation Area.
Auchindrain Township welcomes all visitors to its open-air museum and Visitor Centre.
- Auchindrain is not an easy place to visit for people with mobility difficulties, because adaptation for full accessibility would affect its special nature.
- The roads and paths include gradients (marked on the site map you will be given upon arrival), and most wheelchair users are likely to need assistance.
- We do not yet have a fully-accessible lavatory.
- There are steps up to the doors of the Visitor Centre.
- There are, however, plenty of places to sit and rest on the way round.
There is free parking on site.
- All dogs are welcome throughout the site.
- Please keep your dog on a lead as there can be livestock on site and/or nearby.
Concessions and Carers
- A concession rate is available.
- Free admission for carers supporting visitors with disabilities